Chapter Seven - How You Look To Others in a SNAP
See What Others See in You and Get a First-Impression Makeover
In this chapter, you will learn the importance of knowing how you appear from other people’s perspective. You will:
• Examine how you think you look — your self-perception.
• Understand what your viewable first-impression behaviors are.
• Uncover the true first impression that you make.
• Practice making your best first impression on others.
· Changing your first impression.
· Making your positive invisible behaviors visible to others to improve your first impression.
· How you look to others in a SNAP exercise.
· Why you should toot your own horn to improve your first impression.
· Modeling others to change your first impression.
· How the lack of face time is affecting your first impression and why we need more face time.
· How to increase your face-to-face time to improve your first impression.
· What makes someone appear selfish or narcissistic in a first impression?
· The table test - How the family dinner table affects your communication and the way you interact with others.
· High Anxiety - reducing your social anxiety and improving your confidence by reading body language.
· Second Stage Impressions - How are values form our stereotypes.
· The Yuck Mirror- When you don’t like someone it may be because you don’t like a behavior of theirs that reminds us of ourselves.
· Six questions to use for good conversation starters.